I can’t count the number of times have had to change my google Gmail account password. There are different reasons you might want to change your Gmail account password. Perhaps, you have forgotten to protect your password from the on-look of someone you hardly trust, out of the business of life. Some is for account protection reasons. With the current happenings of account theft, many have had to change their Gmail account password. Gmail account is usually very important. Many use their Gmail strictly for business purposes. So therefore, learning how to change your Gmail account password could prove very important.
Change Gmail Account password on computer
You lost your Google Gmail account password. You don’t need to worry .All you must do to change your Gmail account password on your PC is very simple. Have a ready internet connection. Launch your favorite browser; I for one prefer Google chrome for its simple interface.
- On your browser launch the Gmail sign-in page.
- Sign-in into your account.
- To change your Gmail account password, click on your display picture.
- Click Manage your Google account.
- Select Security.
- Select Sign-in into Google. To change your account password. You will have to sign into Google account with your current password.
- Provide the new password. Ensure your new password meets the requirement for strong password.
- Provide your new password into the confirmation box and click change password. You have successfully changed your Gmail account password.
Gmail account passwords are easy to compromise. Because one way or the other our friends, family at times want to spy on us. When your Gmail account is a business one, it’s often advice to change Gmail account passwords regularly. This is to protect one’s Gmail account from those we even trust most.
Change Google Gmail Account password on Android
On your Android phones you can also change your password. The process is often as easy as changing your Gmail account password on your PC.
- Open phone setting on your Android device.
- Tap Google, to change your Gmail account password.
- Go to manage your Google account.
- Look the top, and tap on security.
- Access ‘sign in to Google’ tap password. You will need to sign in to your Gmail account password.
- Provide your intended new password and tap change password.
You have successfully changed your account password on your mobile. The process mentioned above is the same for all the varieties of android devices out there. Also on earlier versions of Android the process remains the same.
Change Gmail Account password on Apple devices
On iOS devices, either an iPad or an iPhone is possible to change your Gmail account password. This usually takes a few simple steps. The steps are not completely different from changing your account password from a PC.
- You can use the Gmail app, Or if you use your Gmail account with your apple device tap on your initial or display picture. Go to manage your Google account. You can also do this with your browser by launching the myaccount.Google.com page.
- From the top, Tap on personal Info.
- From Profile, tap password.
- Provide your new password and select change password.
These steps to change your Gmail account password works for all of the recent iPhones and iPad.
After changing account passwords, Google signed you out of everywhere you are logged on, except your regular device that you have verified with Google that it’s you. You might need to log on to some again to use Gmail account. To learn how to create google account on different device. Read this post on how to create google account