Ibrahim Gambari Biography, Honor, Net worth 2020
Ibrahim Gambari Biography: Gambari is at the moment serving because the Chief of Staff to the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, which he took over from Late Abba Kyari.
What’s worth figuring out about him is all right here
Continue studying as there are tons of knowledge on Ibrahim Gambari Biography right here.
Ibrahim Gambari Biography 2020
Ibrahim Gambari was born on the 24th of November in Ilorin, Kwara State to a Fulani ruling class household. His nephew Ibrahim Sulu Gambari is the Emir of Ilorin.
He attended the Provincial (now Government) Secondary School, Ilorin earlier than he went to the Floreat Collegium Kings College, Lagos. He obtained his B. Sc. (Economics) diploma with a specialization in International Relations from the London School of Economics in 1968. He later obtained his M.A and Ph.D. in Political Science/International Relations in 1970 and 1974 respectively, from Columbia University, New York, USA.
Related: Dorothy Dandridge Net Worth 2020
He has taught at universities within the United States, Nigeria, and Singapore and has to his credit score the authorship of plenty of books.
Ibrahim Gambari Biography & Honors
- He has acquired a number of tutorial and nationwide honors, together with the
• Commander of Federal Republic of Nigeria (CFR)
• The present Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of Bayero University, Kano (BUK).
• He was embellished with the title of Commander of the Federal Republic (CFR) by the Government of Nigeria.
• Ambassador Gambari has additionally been awarded a Doctor of Humane Letters (honoris causa) kind the University of Bridgeport, Connecticut in 2002 and Farleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey in 2006
• Honorary Doctorate of Public Service, Chatham University in May 2008
• Honorary Doctor of Letters (D.Litt), University of Ibadan, Nigeria in November 2011
• He has additionally acquired the Special Recognition for International Development and Diplomacy Award conferred by the Africa-America Institute in September 2007
• Distinguished (Foreign) Service Award by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2008
• International House Harry Edmonds Award for Lifetime Achievement, New York in May 2009
• Campaign Against Genocide Medal by the Republic of Rwanda in July 2010
• He acquired South Africa’s highest nationwide honor conferred on non-citizens, the Order of the Companions of Oliver R. Tambo (OCORT), which was conferred to him personally by President Jacob Zuma on 26 October 2012.
CheckOut: George C Scott Net Worth 2020
• He was elected to the Johns Hopkins University Society of Scholars in 2002 and has since 2005 served as a member of the International Advisory Board of the Institute of Peace, Leadership and Governance at Africa University, Zimbabwe.
• He was appointed as First Chancellor, Kwara State University in Nigeria, March 2013
Ibrahim Gambari Personal life
He is married with kids and grandchildren.
Ibrahim Gambari Political appointments.
He was Minister of External Affairs from 1984 to 1985 beneath General Muhammadu Buhari army regime and subsequently Ambassador/Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the United Nations (1990-1999). Professor Gambari additionally served as Joint AU/UN Special Representative in Darfur and Head of UNAMID from 2010 to 2012. He is at the moment a Chairperson of the Panel of Eminent Persons of the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM).
He was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria from 1984 to 1985 and labored carefully with regional leaders, establishments, and governments, notably inside the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on the financial and political growth of the sub-region.
Prior to this, he was the Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs. He was Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985. He has been a delegate to the Assembly of the African Union as a nationwide delegate inside this similar interval. He was a Visiting Professor at three universities in Washington, D.C.Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, Georgetown University and Howard University from 1986 to 1989.
He was the Chairman of the United Nations Special Committee Against Apartheid from 1990 to 1994 and on Peace-Keeping Operations from 1990 to 1999. He was Head of the Uecretary-General’s Special Envoy on Cyprus, Zimbabwe and Myanmar and Special Representative in Angola. He was additionally a Research Fellow on the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., in addition to a Resident Scholar with the Rockefeller Foundation Centre in Bellagio, Italy.
He was appointed as the primary United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Africa from 1999 to 2005. In that capability, he labored carefully with heads of the presidency, key policymakers in addition to establishments within the continent to develop the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD). During this era, he was concurrently the Resident Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission to Angola from 2002 to 2003. On 22 May 2007, the Secretary-General entrusted him with the Good Offices Mandate on Myanmar.
He was additionally appointed by the secretary-general of United Nations Baki-moon as Joint African Union-United Nations Special Representative for Darfur in January 2010. He was a member of the UN Secretary-General’s delegation from 2000 to 2012 Ambassador Ibrahim Gambari, is at the moment the Founder/Chairman of Savannah Center External hyperlink in Abuja, Nigeria, a think-tank for analysis, coaching, and public coverage debate on the nexus between diplomacy (battle decision), democracy and growth in Africa.
His final project on the United Nations was because of the Joint Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Chairperson of the African Union Commission/Head of the UN and AU Hybrid Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) from January 2010 to July 2012. During Ambassador Gambari’s tenure, UNAMID was the world’s largest worldwide peacekeeping mission.Ibrahim Gambari Educational appointments.
As a scholar, Ambassador Gambari is the writer of a number of books and scholarly articles. He started his educating profession as a Lecturer on the Queen’s College, City University of New York from 1969 to 1974, adopted by an Assistant Professorship at the State University of New York from 1974 to 1977.
Upon returning to Nigeria, he was appointed Senior Lecturer on the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, from 1977 to 1980, and rose to develop into an Associate Professor (Reader), from 1980 to 1983) and subsequently full Professor on a similar University from 1983 until current.
Download: Rudeboy Oga Mp3 Download
Ambassador Gambari was a visiting Professor at the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) of the Johns Hopkins University, Georgetown University and Howard University in Washington, D.C. from 1986 to 1989.
He was named by the Kwara State Governor, Abdul Fatah Ahmad, and because of the pioneer Chancellor of the Kwara State University on March 4, 2013. Ibrahim Gambari Biography 2020